Our puppies are well-bred and highly socialized before they ever bounce through your front door. They are raised in an enhanced learning environment that encourages the development of even-tempered, intelligent, and confident puppies.
All of our puppies come with a health guarantee contract that you can view here.
All puppies come as follows:
- With their 6 week and 9 week vaccines (DHPP and Bordatella) prefromed by a Veterinarian.
- AKC Reunite Microchipping
- With a statement of health from a Veterinarian with details of both vaccines, full checkup, including physical exam and fecal test.
- With a two year health guarantee against inherited diseases.
- AKC Registration Papers and 30 Days of free Pet Insurance through AIA
- A puppy package including a week of food, a toy and a blanket that smells like their littlermates.
- Access to our exclusive Edenbright Brittanys owner’s Facebook group where owners of our puppies post update, share pictures, trade stories and ask questions! Edenbright Brittany owners only!
All of our puppies are AKC Registered, have had all vet recommended inoculations for their age at the time of sale, vet checked and come with a two year written good health guarantee.
Whether you buy one of my puppies or someone else’s, you should always ask yourself the following questions:
- Have the puppies been vaccinated by a vet? Many breeders attempt to vaccinate their puppies at home to save time and money. Unfortunately, this has resulted in an increase in breakthrough cases of Parvo and Distemper among puppies. All vaccines have some efficacy deficiency depending on administration and environment, even those given by a vet, but a good breeder isn’t going to try and cut corner to save money if they know that there is a much higher chance of keeping their puppies and dogs safe from disease by allowing expert professionals to do what they are trained to do. All our puppies’ vaccinations are given by a licensed veterinarian.
- Have the puppies ever seen a vet? Not all puppies get a health check from a veterinarian. Another way breeders try to save money and cut corners. Every puppy should come with a detailed patient history from a licensed veterinarian with contact information.
- Do the puppies come from dogs of proven temperaments? There are many ways for a breeder to ‘prove’ their dogs’ temperaments. AKC and Breed Club events and evaluations are the best way to prove that a dog is of sound temperament and condition. However, please remember, that the event/evaluation is an indicator of the temperament of the dog – dogs that excel in obedience and companion dog titles (such as conformation shows and scent work) will typically have a less driven, hyperactive demeanor as they are required to sit and stand for long periods of time while encounter a lot of activity and stimulation. Dogs that compete in agility, field trials and hunt tests will also be trainable and biddable, but the energy and stamina that requires a dog to excel in those events may be difficult for the average person to handle. All of our dogs, while still Brittanys and still considered active dogs, participate in companion animal events and evaluations.
- Does the breeder supply you with a health guarantee? This is critical. Any breeder not willing to back up their dogs with a health guarantee or a buy back policy should be avoided at all costs.
Any breeder that refuses to show pedigrees, be open about whether or not they health test, or doesn’t offer a health guarantee is not to be trusted. Have the breeder show you the certifications, or better yet look them up yourself.
If not, move on. While Brittanys are a very healthy breed and suffer from few inherited health problems, other overbred, popular dog breeds are prone to severe genetic diseases and behavioral issues that present themselves fairly quickly. You will be able to get a puppy for less money, but is it really worth it if your puppy dies at age 3 or 4 or has hip dysplasia and you end up having surgery on your dog before they are even 2 years old? At the end of the day, what have you really saved?
Edenbright Brittanys serves mostly Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Tennessee, but we have puppies in homes ranging from New York to Washington State. Buyers come from all over the USA for our highly ethical and responsible breeding practices of Brittanys. Our American Brittanys and our American Brittany Puppies are healthy and we often have Brittany Puppies for sale several times a year. Edenbright Brittanys is considered one of the Best Brittany Breeders in the Nation for our healthy pups and our progressive, ethical breeding program.